Easy Things You Can Do Around The House To Make a Big Impact On The Enviroment
We’ve put together a list of some easy things you can do at home to lower your carbon footprint and help conserve water usage in your home.
Top 10 Tips For Conserving Energy And Water In Your Home
1) When washing dishes by hand, don’t let the water run. Fill one basin with wash water and the other with rinse water.
2) Dishwashers typically use less water than washing dishes by hand.
3) Install an instant water heater near your kitchen sink so you don’t have to run the water while it heats up.
4) Washing clothes in cold water saves water and energy.
5) Look for energy star appliances.
7) Turn off the water while you brush your teeth.
8) One drip every second adds up to five gallons per day.
9) Spreading a layer of organic mulch around plants helps them retain moisture.
10) Run your washer and dishwasher only when they are full. You can save up to 1,000 gallons a month.